[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Core-css.516.mcz

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 20:36:21 UTC 2009

2009/7/16 Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
> What was the idea behind the changes in Seaside-Core-css.516.mcz and friends?

Was discussed on this list. The basic idea is the following, you may
have a Seaside application running on HTTP and HTTPS at the same time.
If you're currently on HTTPS you would like to have all links and
redirects to stay HTTPS and the same for HTTP. Ideally there wouldn't
even be a need for the protocol setting in the application
configuration.

> I don't see the reason why the author is duplicating the scheme in
> WARequest, whereas the request URL already has a field scheme. As far
> as I see exactly the same could be achieved in a much cleaner way by
> only changing a few methods of WAUrl.

There is a strange duality between WARequest and it's WAUrl. Right now
the request is just the path without any parameters. They are stored
in WARequest as fields. I agree that having the scheme in two places
would only add to confusion, I should have noted this earlier. I think
your solution is better.

Another problem with Seaside-Core-css.516 is that is has a borked
history, it has a different Seaside-Core-css.516 as an ancestor.

Christopher don't let this discourage you,  we're really thankful for
your contribution.