[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside Commits] Seaside 2.9: Seaside-Tools-Web-mls.5.mcz

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Thu Jun 18 18:43:53 UTC 2009

Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Why not? Isn't that a bug? (I'm only half joking :) )
>
> According to the ANSI spec, though, #allSubclasses need not
> necessarily return on OrderedCollection (in fact, why should it be
> ordered?). Maybe that's too theoretical an issue to worry about but if
> you're going to force a conversion of one of the collections, it's a
> bit odd not to ensure the type of the other one.
>
> If this is coming up now, why don't we at least define what kind of
> collection #potentialParents should return (I don't think it needs to
> be ordered?), write a unit test for it, and make sure it always
> returns that. It might be better to do "allSubclasses asSet"?

I didn't really think about it this way. You can't "concatenate" two
sets together - you can merge them, but it pretty much means that #,
doesn't exist on Set in VW. I published a new version that makes no
attempt to settle the dispute of OrderedCollection vs Set one way or
another. Instead, it uses #addAll: which should be safe across Smalltalks.

Cheers,
Michael