[Seaside-dev] Relation of Platform Package(s) to Sport Package(s)

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Thu May 7 22:19:41 UTC 2009

As you guessed, the Seaside-Sport-Platform package is just an
alternative implementation of the Seaside-Platform base package. I'm
not certain that the Sport platform package is very thoroughly
implemented, though: there are many things we have on our platform
which are not even covered by Sport currently.

I suspect the idea is that you could (if supporting/requiring Sport),
subclass the Sport platform to add stuff for your platform that is not
covered by Sport. Philippe will likely be able to answer in more
detail but unless you see some significant gain by using the
Seaside-Sport-Platform package I would just ignore it and implement
Seaside-Dolphin-Platform - it's pretty basic functionality.

Julian