[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0 final and Pharo 1.0

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Oct 5 20:47:55 UTC 2010

I am building the configuration for the 3.0 final release and I'm
getting a bunch of test failures in Pharo1.0:

   1652 run, 1609 passes, 2 expected failures, 0 failures, 41 errors,
     0 unexpected passes

It looks like the errors are due to the removal of Collection>>#sorted,
Collection>>#sorted: and WriteStream class>>crlf... from
Grease-Pharo-Core ...

So I'm just wondering if it is intentional to _not_ support Seaside3.0
on Pharo1.0.

There are similar problems with earlier versions of Pharo 1.1
(Pharo-1.1-11411dev10.07.1 for example), but presumably the errors could
be fixed by updating to the latest ...

It would be relatively straightforward to fix the problem at the cost of
an extra package for Pharo 1.0 (and earlier development versions of
Pharo1.1) if you are interested in making life easier for folks using
Seaside3.0 on those versions of Pharo.