[Seaside] About using Mewa in Seaside 2.5

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Apr 13 19:49:36 CEST 2004

On Apr 11, 2004, at 8:05 AM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Though, there seems to be a bug in the recent Seaside 2.5 versions (at
> least
> 77, 78) making that action blocks do not get executed if they are in
> nested
> components (I didn't look further into it, but e.g., the multi counter
> example does not work anymore...).

This isn't a bug, it's a backwards incompatibility.  In Seaside 2.5,
every component must implement #children, which returns a collection of
all of its currently visible subcomponents.  This is the single most
significant change in 2.5 - many of the new features stem from the
ability to ask a component what its children are.  I must have
forgotten to update the multi counter.

> To make 78 work I've also had to change #rootController to
> #rootComponent
> in:
> WAControllerMain>>rootClass
>  ^ self application preferenceAt: #rootComponent

Oops, I need to deal with that.

Avi