[Seaside] Need arguments to sell Seaside

Alain Fischer alain.fischer at bluewin.ch
Tue Feb 24 21:49:06 CET 2004

Hello all,

At the begining of the next week, I will make a small presentation
to try to sell Seaside and Squeak to my collegues and my bosses.

Till now we are using WebObjects and for a lot of reason more the time
is going less I am happy to work with this framework in Java.

I am searching for good arguments to use Seaside.

The arguments I see now are:
- Developing with smalltalk is efficient by coding with living objects
(debugger, inspector, explorer).
- In most of the case an application in production could be fixed,
ehanced without redeploying and restarting.
- There is multiple solution for persitance (GOODS, Roe, others for
production ?).
- Seaside is nice:
   - to reverse request response with the use of continuation,
   - with the handling of back button in browser,
   - the the return value of components.

Any other idea is more than welcome.

Alain