[Seaside] Re: Differences in calling render: from ajax?

TimM 365nice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 10:12:39 UTC 2010

On 12/08/2010 13:45, Johan Brichau wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Another possibility is that the replacement rendering does not happen in the ajax call, but during the initial rendering.
>
> Since I am not familiar with comet, I'm not sure what the "pusher javascript:' code is doing. However: have you tried putting a 'self halt' in the renderblock of the replaceWith: call ?
> When does the halt occur? If it does not occur during the ajax callback that replaces your button, then that's the problem.

Good idea - I did this, and everything looks correct - it halts on the
initial render of the page and renders everything correctly with the s,k
params. When I do an ajax call it also does a halt - but when you trace
through where it does the rendering (e.g. that JSObject>>render:on:) it
seems that my component then renders without the s,k  - so it seems like
I've not got the right context or something (this is all new stuff to me).

The comet stuff just takes the rendered html and then replaces a
specified div (so its much like ajax)

Its good to know that you have done something that works - I just need
to figure out what I am doing differently.

Tim