[Seaside] Alternatives to DataTables

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 20:41:19 UTC 2018

Hi Johan,

I managed to stitch 4 tables side by side, convert each one into a
DataTables based table, and synchronize its scrolling (that's the
easiest part).

However after enabling the `scrollY` and `autocollapse` options to the
mix I'm getting extra scrollbars and a few glitches like offsets between
`<thead>` columns and `<tbody>` ones.

I just realized that DataTables creates a new container with a replica
of `<thead>` inside a `<div>` classed `dataTables_scrollHead`, and it
syncs the horizontal scroll.

I think I'm going through the non-DataTables option, adding all the
scrolling myself, that will allow me to fine control a floating header
(affix) as well.

Thank you.

pd: I think we should have a repository of "recipes" for these things.
Or maybe I just need to blog about it :D

On 23/06/2018 05:25, Johan Brichau wrote:
> Hey Esteban,
>
> We use datatables extensively in Yesplan and we are indeed now also putting tables side-by-side in a board layout. In our case, it’s to visualize a master-detail relationship, so they are really separate tables, although we are going to work on some vertical scrolling synchronization of both tables (still a todo… so we don’t know how well that is going to work out).
>
> But I don’t think you can put multiple horizontal scrollbars in a single table element.
>
> Also, I have yet to come across anything that is more powerful than datatables
>
> cheers
> Johan
>
>> On 22 Jun 2018, at 20:13, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I don't mind if jqGrid is outdated, I could port it again, but it also
>> lacks some features that I couldn't find in any other grid/table plugin
>> available.
>>
>> The feature I'm looking for is the option to add horizontal scrolling of
>> column _groups_, along with fixed columns.
>>
>> It is, you have Columns A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and you want to have A,
>> B fixed to the left but C,D,E and F,G,H scroll horizontally independent
>> of each other (and if there is enough room, no horizontal scrolling
>> should be needed).
>>
>> My last resort is to emulate such behavior by "stitching" tables side by
>> side. But I was hoping not needing to do so.
>>
>> Regards!
>>
>> On 21/06/2018 18:51, Paul DeBruicker wrote:
>>> There is a jqGrid package in JQueryWidgetBox
>>>
>>> MCHttpRepository
>>> 	location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/JQueryWidgetBox/main'
>>> 	user: ''
>>> 	password: ''
>>>
>>> but I've no idea when it was last tested.
>>>

>>> Esteban A. Maringolo wrote

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html
>>>

>> --