[Setools] Gjallar on Linux revisited

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Mar 11 17:56:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:27:35PM +0200, goran at krampe.se wrote:

> I did stumble upon some issues - simply a buglet in OSProcess (probably
> the latest release, since it was not there in december when I tested the
> Linux port the first time) causing issues with swish-e and graphviz. But
> eventually I solved that.

Göran,

Thanks for letting me know about the OSProcess problem, as well as pointing
out the fix in your separate email.

I put a fix into CommandShell that addresses the problem, and released
the new version on SqueakMap. GraphViz seems to work fine now with
this patch applied.

The actual change I made was in PipeableOSProcess>>close, which is now:

  close
    "Close pipe to child stdin."
    pipeToInput ifNotNil: [pipeToInput close]

rather than the previous version:

  close
    "Close pipe to child stdin."
    (pipeToInput notNil and: [pipeToInput closed not])
      ifTrue: [pipeToInput close]

Thanks a lot,

Dave