Multiple running images (was Squeak as Helper App...)

Jerome Garcia Jerome.Garcia at wj.com
Fri Apr 9 16:46:58 UTC 1999

     Mark,

     Sorry if I am misunderstanding your position on multiple squeak images
     running but we find the ability to do so with multiple VisualWORKS
     images very helpful at Watkins-Johnson. When actually running the
     semiconductor processing equipment, the different images are running
     distributed on various NT and VME processors but when running
     simulations we run all of those images on the NT workstation. Since
     they are talking to each other via ethernet, they don't know the
     difference except certain hardware simulation subclasses are used
     instead of the hardware subclasses. I'm hoping that this is and will
     remain possible in Squeak. I have not actually tried it.

     Jerome