[newbie] hierarchical list answer, sps browser, earth icon, color pretty print

Steve Swerling sps2000 at mail.com
Wed Aug 29 21:32:24 UTC 2001

Simon Michael wrote:
[snips]
> Followed the instructions to make it the
> default; no apparent effect ? Aha alt-b over the background brings up
> the new browser, otherwise the old one is still used. Changing the
> default browser globally isn't quite so easy yet.

Hi Simon,

After reading your post, I thought maybe I had hooked my browser to some
menu item and then forgot to mention in the instructions. ButI just took
a look in my image, and the only reference to SPSBrowser is in the
Browser>>openBrowser method. Yet I get it from TheWorldMenu's open
browser, from Alt-b, and from Jim Benson's MenuBarMorph (now at the top
of all my projects).  I'll be posting a new version of SPSBrowser soon
(with a speed up, misc fixes, a proper postscript on the changeset) --
I'd appreciate it if you could describe the scenario where it did not
come up, so I can fix it.

Thanks.