Squeak on PS2?

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 07:06:03 UTC 2001

John,

It would be nice if things were as simple as you said, but they aren't.
First of all, we are _not_ licensed PS2 developers of sorts - all we're
doing is in terms of research (and our connections are exclusively with Sony
R&D and not SCEA). Secondly, so far we have two ports: The first was to
specific hardware (which Sony used to call the Creative Workstation but it's
dead by now) and is only insofar of interest as it was supposed to have a
couple of EE chips in there (we only got it to a single EE chip). The second
port (PS2/Linux) was done by getting the Unix sources and type "make". So if
you can get your hands onto a PS2/Linux version you can port as fast as we
did.

Cheers,
  - Andreas