Failing SUnit tests in 3.4b

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Dec 21 17:30:43 UTC 2002

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 11:09:44AM -0500, Phil Hargett wrote:
> BTW: let me say in advance that I like the features offered (and promised)
> by the OSProcess plugin; I'm a happy customer who just wants to help! :)

Thanks!

> Hmmm...I'm not explicitly passing -Xshm on the command line, and it still
> crashes.  Here's the stack trace that appears on my console after
> running the UnixProcessTestCase suite:
>
> 	Segmentation fault
>
> 	1107551296 ProcessorScheduler class>idleProcess
> 	1104245656 [] in ProcessorScheduler class>startUp
> 	1104245748 [] in BlockContext>newProcess
>
> I've managed to confirm that at least the following cases cause my VM to
> exit without warning:
>
> 	UnixProcessTestCase>>testCatAFile
> 	UnixProcessTestCase>>testCatFromFileToFiles
> 	UnixProcessTestCase>>testPipeLine
> 	UnixProcessTestCase>>testRunCommand

Hmm, this sounds totally broken. My guess is that you are accidentally
running a different OSPP than the one you actually compiled, possibly because
of some search path problem. For example, your VM might be finding a copy of
UnixOSProcessPlugin.so in the /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.2-6/ directory when you
intended to use the one you built in your ./build//UnixOSProcessPlugin/.libs/
directory. If that's what's happening, just copy the UnixOSProcessPlugin.so
file which you built into your squeak working directory, and you should be
fine again.

Dave