MIDI support in Linux?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sat Jun 22 19:25:22 UTC 2002

Hi!

I recently switched for OS X to Linux on my iBook.  I'm thinking of
getting one of those USB-to-MIDI boxes and getting back into the world of
electronic music.  My Juno and ESI-32 are pretty lonely in my closet.

Is there MIDI support in Squeak anywhere but in Mac OS Classic?  If I get
a USB-to-MIDI box with a driver that presumably makes a /dev/midi device,
will Squeak support it?

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn