[OT] Looking for St-80; ST/V for DOS

Raimundas Vaitkevitcius squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun Sep 22 15:56:21 UTC 2002

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Boris Gaertner wrote:

> Aaron<reic0024 at d.umn.edu> wrote:
> > I'm looking to find copies of Smalltalk-80 (for Mac or DOS) and ST/V for
> > DOS. Personal research. If anyone is willing to help, email me. :)
> >

> The following is *very* OT, but nevertheless interesting:
>
> As copyrighted software, Smalltalk V was never in the Internet, but ...
>
> The page http://www.math.rsu.ru/smalltalk/StExpress/download.ru.html
> offers (among other things) the Digitalk product Smalltalk Express
> for download. (I think that this is a file that years ago was offered
> for download from Digitalk-ParcPlace - so I hope it is not a
> copyright violation to download it.)
> This edition is not translated into russian.

Hello,

Smalltalk/V Express is the same Smalltalk/V (version 2.0 for Windows) with
WindowBuilder tool added. Smalltalk/V Express was really free when
ParcPlace existed. I used it in my object-oriented programming course some
5 years ago. I think, there still are some who use Smalltalk/V Express for
teaching.

Raimundas Vaitkevicius