Squeak Needs Stewards!

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Mar 6 22:54:39 UTC 2003

Read -
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3091
for how I've seen it work (before it had a name).

Nominating someone to take the role formally may work, or it may
backfire. Nominating yourself is even riskier, so the former is probably
better than the last.

However, a person does have to be interested and willing to take this
role, so asking privately first might be a good idea.

Keep in mind that it's more important for people to BE stewards than for
them to be CALLED stewards. So asking an appropriate person a technical
question in his area of expertise (and seeing the reaction) might be
more important than making a nomination.

If you don't mind, read the last paragraph again, it's more important
than I've made it look ;-)

Daniel