Ways of new

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sun May 11 15:00:27 UTC 2003

  Anthony,

> >  It is kind of my mind set, but my general belief is
> that there are
> >  many things in the world that doesn't have much
> siginificant *reason*
> >  whay it is in particular way.
>
> I agree with you completely. I merely was in search
> for an explanation. A lack of a significant reason is
> an explanation in itself.

  In Smalltalk, there is a saying; "make it work, make it right, then
make it faster."  At "make it work" stage any one of "new" method
would do it.  Then, after that, it rarely gets reviewed and stays
there:-)

> Was there a significant reason or any reason at all
> why you did this or it so? No? Okay, that's fine all I
> wanted to know.

  It was an opportunity for me to re-think about it, too, and also we
got a more deeper thought from Richard:-)

-- Yoshiki