Squeakland web Plugin

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Thu Feb 5 17:57:31 UTC 2004

Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> When somebody gets the squeakland plugin, which version of the image did
> he get ? When looking at the source code generated by the laucher for
> any project in squeakland site I can see the following params into the
> embed tag
>
>        win32="Squeak3.2gamma of 12 January 2002 [latest update: #4879]"
>        macos="Squeak3.1alpha of 16 May 2001 [latest update: #4081]"
>
> What do these mean ?

Hmm, well, it's more or less an unused and out of date feature ;-)
It tells the plugin what the current VM versions should be (as I said,
it's outdated) and the plugin "knows" which one it is running on. If the
plugin determines it runs on an old VM, it informs the user. This
mechanism turned out to be not worth the effort, so we never updated the
tags.
Thinking about it, they could just be removed :-)

Thanks for reminding me!

Michael