Apple fonts in 3.7?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 20 18:26:26 UTC 2004

Doug,

> I agree that the weight/spacing problems in the punctuation characters
> are pretty severe.

I did some more investigations, and I think I understand now what my problem
with the punctuation characters is. If you take a few combinations such as

    I'I
    I;I
    I"I
    I.I
    I,I

you can see that the original NY font actually spaces the punctuation
characters evenly whereas AccuNY (consistently) doesn't. Note however, that
the spacing within the AccuNY family is perfectly consistent and really I
don't like the idea very much to screw around with it. It's obviously an
intentional choice of the font designer - I just happen not to like it ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas