Weirdness in BFAV's listing

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Feb 9 15:44:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:54:22 -0000, Frank Shearar
<Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk> wrote:

> Did something go funny when the BFAV server stuff moved servers? Have I
> gone mad?

Let's put it down to that. BFAV moved servers, worked nicely, and then I
passed by and decided to junk exim and install qmail (mostly for ezmlm).
Exim runs mail delivery scripts as the daemon user, qmail as the user
user, which messed up because all the BFAV files were owned by the daemon
user.

Anyway, Ken noticed this yesterday and he corrected it. No postings
should've been lost but I don't know a whole lot about BFAV so double
stuff could well have slipped in during all this transition stuff.