[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Feb 16 11:06:39 UTC 2005

Hi Stephane and all!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Hi goran
>
> I think that we should proceed by example :)
>
> So your group should propose an agenda and people will evaluate
> and will certainly agree.

We will, you just have to give us at least a day or two - we all have
day jobs you know. :)
We are still getting our bearings here. We were a bit surprised by some
of the negativeness, to say the least. :)

> I think that we cannot continue like that with no process at all.
> Else this means that really the changes you sent will *NEVER* be
> considered.

I agree.

> So before shouting and judging you, I want to see what you will do.
> And I hope that others will do the same. Because this is easy to send
> mails but where have you been commiting on Squeak.
>
> Just an IMPORTANT POINT:
> I wrote
> 		-one book in french on SQUEAK
> 		-one book in english on SQUEAK
> 		-translated the book of kim in french
> 		-columns on SQUEAK
> 		-harvested code
> 		-tried to bring communication between Tweak/Squeak/....
> 	I'm writing new columns on squeak on linuxMag
> 		-do squeak demoes everywhere I can
> 		-push the SSUG/SqueakNic/FSUG
> 		-will start a new Smalltalk group
> 		-organize ESUG
> 		-push SqF
>
> So I ACCEPT THAT SOME PEOPLE SPEND SOME OF THEIR ENERGY
> HELPING SQUEAK TO GET A PROCESS. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT
> THERE ARE IDIOT AND WILL SCREW UP SQUEAK!

Thanks Steph. Or is it Stef? :)

> Stef

regards, Göran

PS. So anyone really good at setting up a headless SmallWiki on the new
server? I can do it, but I haven't done it before and would need to
actually read the howto. :) Contact me.