link errors on building new VM

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sun Mar 6 19:39:36 UTC 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 9:47 am, Martin Kuball wrote:
> I thought might try to compile myself a new VM. So I downloaded
> revision 954 from
> http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms,  installed
> VMMaker 3.8.b2B into a fresh 3.8g image, created the interpreter
> stuff and compiled it. I found the following errors:
>
> interpreter.c uses getImageName, wich is nowhere implemented. Changing
> this back to using the variable imageName seems to work.
>
> in sqUnixEvent.c are references to recordMouseEvent.reserved2,
> recordKeyboardEvent.reserved3 and sqDragDropFilesEvent.reserved1.
> These variables do not exist in the record structures defined in
> sq.h. Removing the offending code in sqlUnixEvent.c seems to work.

Looks like we need to bring the Unix code up to date with the more recent
changes.

Specifically, the changes to sq.h that were made for host window support are
the ones that have caused the problems you describe. And we could add a
getImageName() to the Unix VM as well.

The reserved fields are now used to pass a windowIndex up to the image. And,
umm, I haven't done that yet.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/