Usability and look-and-feel (was Re: [squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Jul 1 08:06:26 UTC 2009

> +10
>
> Seriously, stop talking about kids, who cares, I'll be retired by the
> time they're useful.  Programming languages are tools that are
> primarily used by and useful for adults, they should be aimed at
> adults.

Man, do you realize what you wrote here is incredibly out of place ?
This is Squeak-dev here, Squeak has been involved with education and
children since its beginnings, we have EToys, Scratch, OLPC. My own
children use it. If you want a cultural revolution, ok, but first gather
your troops, and let us count them.

There's definitely a need to have everybody explicit their view of what
it Squeak, me repeat again... surprises could be ahead.

Stef