[squeak-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [ANN] Minecraft Bindings - Minecraft.zip (0/1)

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Wed Mar 6 14:43:53 UTC 2013

Hey Bob,

>Well, you could...
>addPoolToMinecraftTest
>"
>MinecraftConstants addPoolToMinecraftTest
>"
>     | newPoolNames |
>
>     (MinecraftTest sharedPools includes: MinecraftConstants) ifTrue:
>[^self].
>     newPoolNames _ String streamContents: [ :strm |
>         MinecraftTest sharedPools,{MinecraftConstants} do: [ :e | strm
>nextPutAll: e asString,' '].
>     ].
>     MinecraftTest sharing: newPoolNames.
>     MinecraftTest withAllSubclassesDo: [ :e | e compileAll].
>
>but I'm not clear why you'd want to. Isn't easier to just edit the class
>definition in a browser and save it?

Yes it is.  But at the time I thought (my mistake) Bert wanted/suggested
that I create instance side messages to his Minecraft class.  That would
require it having the pool dictionary defined before the methods could be
added and I kind of wanted it to be all automatic.  As it turns out Bert is
happy with just the pool dictionary and people can add/use it wherever they
like.

Anyway, I'm happy to learn about things that are different between VA
Smalltalk and Squeak.

>P.S. it's Brunhilda

That was good for a laugh, thanks.  But as I think about it, it's not too
flattering.

Lou