[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cbc.1450.mcz

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:52:41 UTC 2018

Hi Javier,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:53 AM, Javier Diaz-Reinoso <javier_diaz_r at mac.com>
wrote:

> That is because the TransformationMorph>>adjustAfter: ('ar 1/3/2010' )
> have a guard:
>
> self actorStateOrNil ifNotNil:[
> self penUpWhile: [self position: self position + (oldRefPos - self
> referencePosition)].
> ].
> actorStateOrNil is created if you open a Player with Etoys, then the
> rotation works OK, if you revert the method to the previous version of: 'di
> 9/30/1998' also works.
>
> In a previous thread Bob Arning wrote:
>
> The only comment I see associated with this change is
>
> Make Etoys unloadable: Move lots of methods to Etoys package. Remove the
> old Fabrik remnants.
>
> if now the methods are move out of Etoys, I think is better to
> revert TransformationMorph>>adjustAfter:.

that fixed the issue, although I didn't do a revert (Andreas had also
converted _ to :=, and I wanted to leave that in).  Basically, I just
removed the guard.
Rotations of morphs now works.

I did look into tracking down how much of the EToys methods I'd have to
move out to get rotation of Morphs to continue to work when EToys is
unloaded - but stopped once it got to the point where I'd have to bring in
player methods (and probably players) - that is (from my understanding)
deep into EToys.

 Thanks,
cbc