[squeak-dev] for the morphic team...is a "caps locks is on" indicator doable?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Dec 14 08:08:14 UTC 2020

Hi all!

> Would it not be possible to add something next to the time & full screen button in the menu bar top right?
> Or maybe embolden the Squeak icon in the top left when shift is down?

At the moment, we have no access to the state of caps lock from within the image. My solution thus exploits input-event processing and #shiftPressed. Well, you could map the effect to anything on the screen. However, even if we get a keyDown on caps lock, we don't know its state. Only after the next regular keyStroke event. So, any constant indication of the caps-lock state in the image could be misleading.

Best,
Marcel