[Squeakfoundation]1.02 version

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Jul 14 15:44:10 CEST 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am sitting here fixing SM (1.07) and realized that SM Package Loader
> 1.02 does not contain the code in update 5294.
Yes, you're right, I'm still thinking what to do about that. I really
hate those dynamic "let me just peek in my namespace" Smalltalk at:s. I
think the compiler should slap people on the wrist when they write such
code... OTOH, I don't have a better way of implementing Ned's fix at the
moment. Therefore, I'm stalling for a bit, and will probably give in and
publish a version with Ned's fix soon.

> I am not sure why that
> update made it into the image - but anyway. I thought we intended to
> keep these packages as ... packages! :-) I guess it was a mistake.
Good point. And there I demonstrated precisely why it's a bad idea...
;-)