[SqNOS] Out-of-date links and small rewrite

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Wed Apr 8 16:11:59 UTC 2009

Derek Peschel wrote:
> Some minor housekeeping would make the SqueakNOS pages much more friendly
> for the casual browser.
>
> 1. This URL:  http://people.squeakfoundation.org/proj/SqueakNOS/
>    is now bad.
> 2. This URL:  http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/gera/
>    is also bad.
Noooo, this is really really bad! I was not paying attention when
squeakfoudnation.org died... I'm very sad about it, I had put some
effort in maintaining the site, and writing articles and daily entries
that are now lost?
The only thing I could find, so far, is

http://web.archive.org/web/20080213064454/http://people.squeakfoundation.org/proj/SqueakNOS/
and
http://web.archive.org/web/20071215172246/http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/gera/

but I think that's not updated to the last changes.
> Gera, any ideas?  The Wiki points to this too.

No, no ideas except trying to recover what we've lost and putting it
somewhere else, does anybody know if the content was moved somewhere
else? I have just asked in the squeak list, lets see what they say.
> 3. On these pages: http://www.squeaksource.com/@GNJajakL4a4kH8PK/Hdr9024c
>    http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakNOS/

I'm on it. Ok, changed now. Will update when we have better news.
> 4. On SqueakNOS's Wiki page, is the sentence "We've put up a mailing list
>    to talk SqueakNOS, join in, or just drop an email there." really two
>    sentences run together, or something else I misunderstood?  The second
>    sentence "Join in, or just drop an email there." is not true since you
>    _can't_ post without subscribing.  I'm happy to slightly rewrite the text
>    unless someone has other ideas or objections.

Well... I think that if somebody sends an email to the list I'll get it
even if the sender is not subscribed to the list. In the cases when it's
not spam, I resend it or let it through. Of course, with so much spam
it's not trivial to moderate, but I do my best... have you sent anything
without being subscribed that I have not seen?

    gera