[Webteam] Front Page

Larry Trutter stargazerzero at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 9 01:40:12 UTC 2007

>From: Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com>
>To: webteam at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: [Webteam] Front Page
>Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:42:02 -0800
>
>What do you guys think about rearranging the front page to be a bit more
>sparse? Less text with "About Smalltalk" more about the cool applications
>that are happening. Specifically today, seaside and olpc are have
>enthusiasm around the world

Maybe links to the blogs? There has been a several new blogs about Seaside
recently. Lucas added a couple of them to http://seaside.st/Community/ .   I
don't know much about olpc, though.

>the next steps area (although it might be too long)
>The "Main Squeak Portals" seems redundant because they are on the right
>side. We could use the explanation text as the mouse hover text on the
>right so we don't lose the descriptions of the portals.

Yes, I agree that it appears to be redundant however I noticed one link is
not redundant. The "Projects" link could be moved to the Next Steps section.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

-Larry Trutter