[Webteam] Front Page

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Jan 9 01:49:49 UTC 2007

Thanks for your comments, Larry. See below.

Larry Trutter wrote:
>> From: Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com>
>> To: webteam at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>> Subject: [Webteam] Front Page
>> Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:42:02 -0800
>>
>> What do you guys think about rearranging the front page to be a bit
>> more sparse? Less text with "About Smalltalk" more about the cool
>> applications that are happening. Specifically today, seaside and olpc
>> are have enthusiasm around the world
>
> Maybe links to the blogs? There has been a several new blogs about
> Seaside recently. Lucas added a couple of them to
> http://seaside.st/Community/ .   I don't know much about olpc, though.

i thought about that, but most of the posting of those blogs are not
"news."  They are very interesting, though.

>> the next steps area (although it might be too long)
>> The "Main Squeak Portals" seems redundant because they are on the
>> right side. We could use the explanation text as the mouse hover text
>> on the right so we don't lose the descriptions of the portals.
>>

> Yes, I agree that it appears to be redundant however I noticed one
> link is not redundant. The "Projects" link could be moved to the Next
> Steps section
My input is that the right side "Links" is also too long. Some of those
are Projects and we could put them on the projects page and eliminate
them from the right side.