[Webteam] What others are saying about Squeak

karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Sat Jan 27 00:14:27 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller skrev:
> Karl wrote:
>
>> Brad Fuller wrote:
>>
>>> What do you think about creating a page, or a portion of a page (don't
>>> know where this would go) about what others are saying about squeak?
>>>
>>> Here's a favorable review:
>>>
>>> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/09/21/learning_smalltalk.html
>>>
>>> If there are others, (I think there are several good reviews and blog
>>> mentions about seaside and dabbledb) it would be a nice page to promote
>>> squeak. Don't you think?
>>>

>> Sounds good, Brad. Create such a page.
>>

> Great. What should it be called? Any ideas?

Hm, I'm not sure what to call it. 'User review' ? There are some cool
quotes in the Squeakers DVD.

> All:
> Please pass me some links to favorable reviews about squeak or squeak
> applications and I'll put them on the page. Also, if you could pass a
> one or two-liner about the review, that'd be great.
>

>> On another note: I looked trough the site yesterday and I think most of
>> the text on the pages should be revisited.
>> They are either out of date or missing care and attention.
>>
>> What do you other guys think ?
>>

> Good idea. We might start at looking at who's assigned to which page and
> making sure they still want to contribute. There are also some pages
> with no contributors. Volunteers anyone????

I counted 36 pages for the site. Some need a little more than others.
The screenshot page is not that great.
Larry is doing the About page.
The Front page is up to date.
Documentation is not in a good shape, Mathew Fulmer in the documentation
team was willing to help, maybe he will do them ?
Features pages could be updated again

Does anybody remember how to add users to the page ?
Mathew and Larry should have access to do their stuff.

Karl